Some ideas for a happy, memorable day devoted to Mom:
1. Flowers....Mom's LOVE flowers. Give Shelly at Sweet Memories a call....just like her namesake, she is so sweet, and an absolute delight to work with. You can also call Peter Perkens for the most beautiful orchids in town.
2. Host a Mother's Day Tea. Polish the silver, set the table, gather fresh cut roses, make tiny sandwiches and pretty sweets. Tea time in honor of "Mummy" is simple, elegant, and fabulous.
3. Not into high tea? Perhaps you're more the indie-film type. Record a highlight reel...documenting your favorite mom-ism's. Include what you love most about your mom, memories, funny stories....she'll appreciate the creativity, and it's fun for the whole family.
4. Make a brunch reservation. My friend David at the Vintage Press has the most delicious Mimosas in town...they're heavenly! I've never met a mom who doesn't love a mimosa....I know mine does! I recommend making your reservation today....run, don't walk.
Lastly, a friendly reminder:
- Give (or make) her a card.
- If headed to church or brunch, a corsage is highly suggested.
- Keep the house clean.
- Kids, whatever you do....do not fight. Peace and love....peace and love.
To all the mother's and children of mother's....wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day embracing all that is truly important.